CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Horton Hears a Who


Very Cute!! I'm a major elephant lover and Dr.Seuss fan so this movie was right up my alley. We went to our local "cheap seats" for $1.50 worth of entertainment. There's nothing like the cheap seats on a warm Tuesday evening with a plate of stale, overpriced nachos to let you know that Summer has officially arrived!

Does everyone have "cheap seats"? Old, rundown theatres that only show a few shows at a time for a very discounted price. Ours is the Hornbeck Theatre and it's well over 70 years old. It's a beautiful building nestled in the heart of downtown. Walking in transports you back to when movies were a special treat and movie theatres were wondrous. I saw my very first movie there(that I can remember) Batteries Not Included. My sister, me, my brother and the neighbor boy all sitting in the front row, eating Necco Wafers and sharing a Coke. We sat so close and I was so small that the movie looked HUGE. It's crazy to think of all the memories I have of that place. Crazy to think of all the people that have been in that building. It blows my mind that I go to the same theatre my great grandparents went to. Hope beyond hope, it'll be the theatre my kids get to go to, too.

0 comments: